Delivering great customer service and grabbing market share profitably – the biggest challenge for Service Providers
Customer Experience may be the buzzword of the decade but delivering a positive one remains a challenge for many organisations and never more so for Service Partners (SPs) supporting diverse and demanding customers.
We live in an age where customer expectation is high – when we buy something online we expect an instant response. The same when logging a problem online, or requesting a new password – if we don’t get that immediate response we assume that there is an issue. It’s a fact that communicating with customers and keeping them informed, is of paramount importance if you are to deliver the great customer experience that service companies aspire to.
In this short guide we look at the areas service providers should be looking at in order to deliver customer service profitably, including:
- The cost of over-servicing
- Getting the balance right with different contracts and multiple suppliers
- Keeping control of all aspects
- A Service Integration and Management (SIAM) approach
- Adopting a platform approach to Service Management
- The compelling business benefits of consolidation
The question is not whether a service provider should be focusing on customer experience but how. And with a choice of technology platforms that can support operations and deliver the important metrics and service, now is the time to act.