Sunrise Software Limited, a company registered in England and Wales whose principal business address is 70 Barwell Business Park, Leatherhead Road, Chessington, Surrey KT9 2NY (“Sunrise” “We”).
How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding your personal data and how we may use it, including any queries relating to this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (with the subject heading “Data Protection”), or writing to the “Data Protection Manager” at the office address noted above.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us (or our clients, where appropriate) informed if your personal data changes.
Sunrise’s data protection and privacy measures are governed by the (i) the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and then (ii) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Data Protection Legislation”).
For the purpose of Data Protection Legislation:
- 1. where personal data is provided directly to Sunrise through use of the Website, email, or other means where Sunrise is determining the way in which that personal data is processed for its own use, then Sunrise will be a data controller of such information;
- 2. where Sunrise is provided personal data in its capacity of providing Services to its clients, then Sunrise will only process that personal data in accordance with the instructions of its clients and Sunrise will therefore act as a data processor in respect of such personal data; Sunrise’s client will be the data controller of that personal data for that purpose and will be responsible to data subjects for the way in which their personal data is processed as the data controller.
Personal data and basis for collection
Personal data means any data or information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Where Sunrise is acting as a data controller, Sunrise may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which Sunrise has grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, job title and date.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use Sunrise’s Services or submit an enquiry or query through the Website.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where Sunrise needs to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract Sunrise has with you (or our client whom Sunrise acts for) and you fail to provide that data when requested, Sunrise may not be able to perform the contract it has or is trying to enter. In this case, Sunrise may have to cancel the Services but it will notify you (or where appropriate, its client) if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
Sunrise uses different methods to collect personal data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your contact information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when Sunrise provides its Services;
- Events. We may meet you at events and you may provide us with your contact details in order for us to contact you about our Services; or
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources such as:
- Contact data from providers.
- Internet / Websites / IP lookups / databases
How Sunrise uses your personal data
Sunrise will only use your personal data when the law allows us to, i.e., if we have a legal basis for doing so, as outlined in this Policy or as notified to you at the time we collect your personal data, and for the purposes for which it was collected for, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do this. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, where this is required or permitted by law.
Where we act as the data controller for client contact information, we have set out below in the table a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are, where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact Sunrise if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Where we act as a data processor of personal data on behalf of our clients, we will process personal data in accordance with our clients’ instructions, or in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
How your personal data may be shared
Where we act as the data controller for client contact information, or where permitted by Sunrise’s data controller clients, personal data processed by Sunrise may be shared as follows:
- with any member of the Sunrise Group, which means Sunrise’s subsidiaries, Sunrise’s ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- with permitted third party contractors of Sunrise for the purposes of performing its Services, help us to deliver our products and information (“Data Processors” or “Sub-Processors”);
- where Sunrise is under a duty to disclose your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply Sunrise’s or terms and conditions and other agreements;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sunrise, Sunrise’s client, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and for compliance with laws; or
Where we provide your personal data to Data Processors or Sub-Processors we will have in place a written agreement with each third party confirming on what basis the third party will handle your personal data and will ensure that there are sufficient safeguards and processes in place to protect your personal data. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law and only process that personal data in accordance with our (or our client’s) instructions. The third parties that we may send your personal data to are either within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or to third parties under suitable protection mechanisms as laid out in applicable Data Protection Legislation.
How Sunrise stores personal data
From time to time we may transfer your personal data from within the EEA to our offices outside of the EEA, such as those listed above, or other countries where we have put in place adequate security measures to ensure your personal data will be handled in a way that matches applicable Data Protection Legislation, so that where your personal data is being transferred to one of our global companies it will be processed in line with our EEA-based companies, regardless of which country they are in (even if they are outside of the EEA).
Separate to the above, we may also transfer your personal data to countries outside of the EEA to other people or companies for one of the legal bases for processing your personal data as indicated above, or at the request of our data controller clients. Where we do so, we will take all steps to ensure that any country to which the personal data has been transferred has suitable protection mechanisms in place to protect personal data, including (if applicable) use of EU Model Clauses in any contract with that third party for steps to be taken to keep personal data secure.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed and have various information security policies in place to which we adhere to. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Personal data retention
We will only retain personal data in accordance with our retention policy, which includes:
- 1. where we act as a data controller in connection with client contact information, for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for;
- 2. where we act as a data processor on behalf of its clients, for the period notified to Sunrise by the data controller client;
- 3. in either case, for the period required for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, regulatory or reporting requirements.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- The right to be informed – this is information on for what purpose we are processing it and what personal data we are processing.
- The right of access – you have the right to be provided with copies of the personal data of you that we are processing as well as confirmation of the processing we are doing. You can do this by sending a “subject access request” to the contact details
noted above for our consideration.
- The right to rectification – if you think the personal data that we hold on you is wrong you can tell us and we will fix it.
- The right to erasure (also known as the right to be forgotten) – if you want us to permanently delete the personal data we hold for you then you can ask us to do so. Our ability to delete such personal data is subject to exceptions in accordance with data protection laws.
- The right to restrict processing – if you do not like how we are using your personal data then you can let us know and we will stop processing it in that way.
- The right to data portability – if you want us to pass on your personal data to someone else then please let us know. This transfer should not affect the integrity or otherwise damage your personal data.
- The right to withdraw your consent – you can withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data (if we have relied on your consent to process your personal data) at any time by contacting us. If we have relied only on your consent as the basis to process your personal data then we will stop processing your personal data at the point you withdraw your consent. Please note that if we can also rely on other bases to process your personal data aside from consent then we may do so even if you have withdrawn your consent.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – if we use either automated decision making or profiling then you have a right to know. Also, we need your consent if either of these are used to make a decision that affects you. As with all consent, you can withdraw it at any time.
To exercise any of the above rights please email your request to: email@example.com, with the subject heading “Data Processing Request”.
Where you exercise your right to erasure (and we do not have another legal basis to hold on to that personal data) or where information is deleted in accordance with Sunrise’s retention policy, please note that after the deletion of your personal data, it cannot be recovered, so if you require a copy of this personal data, please request this during the period Sunrise retains the data.
Where you exercise your right to request access to the information Sunrise processes about you, you will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. Sunrise will try to respond to all legitimate access requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
The Website is not intended for children and Sunrise will not knowingly collect any personal data from persons under the age of 18 and will immediately delete any such data subsequently so determined.
If you would like to make a complaint in relation to how Sunrise may have stored, used or processed your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). Sunrise would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make your use of our Website better. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Just so you know, the main cookies on our Website are from Google Analytics tracking and there’s also a session cookie generated that is essential to the running of the Website but holds no personal data.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Other tracking technologies: Some of our website pages utilize cookies and other tracking technologies. A cookie is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about website activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall personal data previously indicated by a website user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your details to gain access to certain parts of the website.
We may also analyse information that does not contain personal data for trends and statistics.
Remember the risks whenever you use the Internet
Sunrise is committed to ensuring that your information is secure and has in place reasonable and proportionate safeguards and procedures to protect your personal data. While Sunrise does its best to protect your personal data, Sunrise cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to Sunrise and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information.